Saturday 5 November 2016

Editing my Digipak

Editing my digipak was a very different process to my poster. I used both photoshop and be funky (two photo editing systems) in order to create my digipak. I edited each six sections separately. Below i demonstrate a few of the digipaks and how i edited them to create my final piece. 9ikm


As documented above, I used Keynote (Apple's equivalent to powerpoint) to develop the structure of my album cover. Starting with a plain black background, i took the pen tool, and created a straight lined heart structure. This structure denotes a heart, but the edgy feel of the shape symbolises and connotes as an carving- conforming a new outline of the stereotypical carving into a tree. To juxtapose this previous ideology, instead of the names of my characters, the name of the album is in the centre. By not having the names of my characters in the centre of the shape- I am representing my characters as a couple, as the ideology of the everyman. Iconography for realistic relationships. 

Once saved I opened the photograph in photoshop, I added the element of the moon, changing the colour to darken the the moon- subverting the hegemonic reading of the moon and bringing reality to the darkness of the night. This connotes and symbolises the counter type of the love expressed within the song and relationship. I copied and mirror the heart, adding a ripple effect as reflection of the moon. The strong structure of the moon, symbolises the good and positiveness of the relationship, whereas the distorted reflection portrays and signifies the opposite and the negativity- showcasing both ends of a relationship. Creating a counter type. 


Above is the photograph i decided to add over my front page in order to create more dimensions to the photo. I wanted my artist to be added into my work, however i didn't want her to be the main focus of my work- keeping the element of enigma (conforming to Barthe's theory of the enigma code) within the poster. 


The photo donated above, is edited on photoshop. The photo of the swan was cut out, and placed over a black background; i then copied and mirrored the swans against each other and then again to create this mirror reflection look. Before mirroring the swam i puppet transformed the photo, in order to create the connotation and illusion that the swans are touching creating the heart shape. As swans are a symbolic reference and connotation to romance the heart shape in between them helps signifies this ideology. After this to get to my final product i created a quote from the music video production lyrics. Expressing and encoding to my target audience the further connotations of love and the symbolising the key song on the album. 


The other digipaks and final productions can be viewed on my draft of digipaks posted previously. 



No comments:

Post a Comment