Monday 14 November 2016

Final Digipak

Above is my final draft of my digipak for my artist, Throughout the photos I play on the enigma (conforming to Barthe's Enigma code) to who my artist is and her identity. This engages by demographic forcing them to watch my music video due to this spark of enigma. The top row of photos is the inside of the digipak, I have used the colours of red to signify the inside of a heart, conforming and connoting the genre of love to my music video. The swans in the bottom right photo, symbolic reference and represent love and the ideology of a deep connection between two people. The reflection of the swans, represent and signifies a opposing view of love. This oppositional view, is the negative fighting side of relationships which is portrayed and connoted through my production. This reflection symbolises and signifies the counter type i am creating in my music video, subverting the conventional hegemonic reading of relationships in the media. On the bottom left of the digipak the photo of my artist is blurred out of focus. This connotes that my artist isn't promoting herself as an image or using her image to gain an mass audience (like majority of the female artist's in the current music industry). Instead my artist is promoting her music purely, this relates and conforms to Richard Star's theory and the representation that my artist is an ideology.

No comments:

Post a Comment