Saturday 5 November 2016

Editing my Advertisement

To edit my first and second draft of my advertisement i used, photoshop.

Below is the photo before any editing took place, as i am working solo on my project as well as being the artist,  I decided to film this shot and then screenshot the photo afterwards in post-production; therefore the photo is still my work.


After opening in photoshop I saved many different versions of the same photo in a variety of colours and tones on the photos. For example the photo added below is a blue hue, after I have developed a group of photos ranging of different colours, I took the, square box tool and as shown below, draw a square over the portion of my photo. After creating the square mask, i changed my tool to the move tool indicated at the top of the tool screen; and dragged the square (taking the portion of photo with it) into a different tab of photoshop that consisted of the original photo, that denoted above. I 


As shown below, I overlaid the blue square portion to my original photo. After over laying the photo, I faded the photo layer from 100% to 50% in order to allow the layers to blend together, for an ironically more realistic and flowing look. I repeated this process, a different of times with a variety of different colours and portions of the face to develop a mixed media effect. 

As i made two versions of the same photo, I wanted to experiment with the layout of the photograph/poster. Taking each layer coloured blocks covering my artist's face, I added the filter of a ripple; sparking enigma to my artist and her production. This ripple, causes the face to become out of focus where her identity isn't the important factor I am trying to encode and decode to my target audience, it is the music behind the photograph and persona. Conforming to previous ideology of the representation of my artist, and how she is viewed as an ideology (relating to Richard's Star theory).





No comments:

Post a Comment