Tuesday 27 September 2016

My Digipak Inspiration

In similarity to poster analysis I have also analysed digipaks in order to gain some inspiration to manipulate into my own production. Firstly, I encoded and decoded, Selena Gomez's album cover for album, 'For you'. The colour scheme of the entire digipak is black and pink; this connotes the genre of the album as love pop through the pink hue taking the entirety of the thirds (rule of thirds). The black casts strong shadows over certain aspects of the images- sparking enigma conforming to Bathe's theory of enigma. I will take this colour scheme and copy it in my digipak, however I wouldn't focus on pink being a dominant colour- in my case black will be to reflect and signify the mystery and enigma casted in the restricted and open narrative structure of the production.
Secondly Bowie's sixth album denoted him with the iconography of his face paint this is an convention I want to copy in my the album as I want my audience and demographic to refer to my artist through symbolism. Also as Bowie is the centre of this album cover it is connoted as the focus point I want the two characters to be the centre and my focus point in my production as well as the symbolism of nature connoting how their relationship and love is natural.
In both albums the name of the artist is directly by the head of the artist connoting and allowing the target audience to get the name familiar with the face- this is an convention I will consider in my experimentation.







No comments:

Post a Comment