Tuesday 27 September 2016

My Poster Inspriation

After analysising many different music artist's posters, i have built up a portfolio (in a sense) of inspiration from each, with elements and conventions that i plan to either manipulate or copy in my poster.


Firstly, I encoded and decoded Ariana Grande's poster for her 2015 album. In the poster- which can be seen below- she is posing towards the camera, this connotes and allows the target audience that the pose and poster is very staged this is an aspect that I don't want to duplicate I want my poster; to look and the artist to be as natural as possible to symbolise and signify the naturalism and realism in the music video and narrative. However as the poster is located in a studio it gives a professional feel to the music video this is an convention that I will copy into my poster- however this subverts previous ideology of having an natural atmosphere therefore I will take different versions of my poster in order to experiment with them- giving my production one that will connote what the producer (I) need to be signified.
Again, in Selena Gomez's poster for her 2013 star dance tour, the photo is taken in a studio to portray and signify the ideology of professional- connoting how her album and tour is very sophisticated and professional. However this poster is similar but yet different to Selena's digipak cover- this connotes to her target audience and demographic that the two have relations, I want to copy this idea and make my digipak cover in a sense relate and look similar yet different to my poster- as they will be prompting the same album the image will embed into the audiences mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment