Tuesday 4 October 2016

Feedback from my Questionnaire

After posting my music video questionnaire on my blog and sharing the link on my social media in order to prompt people to take the time to answer it, i then analysed my feedback which is documented below;

Gender:
The first question of my music video public questionnaire, is asking the member of public their gender, as evidently shown in the screenshot to the left. An equal amount of males and females answered my questionnaire- signifying how just and unbiased my questionnaire results are. Not only does this show the equality but also rules that both sexes and genders can enjoy my music production, based on the overall positive results from the quiz. This connotes how my production dominantly signifies stereotypically 'girly' concepts of love, but subverts the hegemonic view of only being restricted to the females.
Age: 
Second question, asks about the age of the viewers, a large scale of my feedback i conformed and connoted, the ideal target audience will be 17-24 year olds as my questionnaire portrays that these ages not only get the most feedback but bring positive feedback to the production i am creating. As i shared my questionnaire on social media rather than carrying out the investigation orally, it hints and connotes the reasoning behind the large portion difference in the feedbacks ages. However, this works within my favour, as my production which i am inspiring to create will be debuted on youtube, a form of social media platform- by sharing my questionnaire only on the internet, i am also analysing who the virtual world is globally made up off. From my results i will target young 17-24 year olds, has they tend to use social medias the most, i will use them as a primary audience to expand my niche to a mass audience by sharing with different demographics.

Music Industry: 
As my production is a music video, i needed to adapt my questionnaire to get all the answers i needed to know to target the right demographic that will bring success to my production. Across the board, the results where fairly equal, where 30% of all the people that answered the question, watch music videos between 1-12 times a week, with roughly 15% whom watched none. This connotes that roughly two people answered that they didn't watch any music videos- therefore these
people will be the people that i don't target for my demographic- however i could use them as my secondary target audience in order to prompt and encourage people to start watching music videos, however this is very unlikely as they will never see my music video if they don't attempt to find and watch it.

Within music videos: 
My results was made up of 3 different answers;

  • narrative
  • camerawork
  • protagonist (artist) 
Where the most popular answer was to watch music videos in order to see the artist, this connotes that within  my production i will need to take a great deal of consideration and focus on the artist of my production (this includes what actions they carry out within the music video or what they wear). By having a positive artist or protagonist it will bring a positive outlook into the target audiences lives, especially if my target audience is made up of the younger generation (connoted from previous question results) as they are more manipulated from the use of social media and it's expectations. Second most popular answer was, narrative. This signifies that i need to focus on my narrative, exciting and engaging the audience from beginning to end- i will do this by developing a narrative that everyone within my target audience can relate to connoting and conforming to the uses of gratifications theory. 

Music platform: 
The results from this question was really simple, 100% of the people that answered my questionnaire would or do listen to their music on youtube, a social media site where music, and various other genres of films are created and debuted. 
It is a perfect source to air my music video as it is free and distributed globally, allowing my audience and demographic to automatically grow from a niche to a mass audience. It will also ensure i will get a high percentage of new target audiences, as it is a website or app used globally and throughout all ages, genders and languages.

 Music genre: 
On a average 80% of all the people that answered my questionnaire thought that love pop was a appealing music video to them personally, this connotes that my music video questionnaire is aimed and being answered by the right demographic, this conforms and reinforces the previous connotations and results where a demographic and target audience is going to be. 

Favourite Music genre: 
Asking my questionnaire audience, 'what is your favourite music genre?' is an important question when developing and creating an idealistic target audience for my production, as it wouldn't be effective if i were to produce a rock song and only have a primary target audience aiming my production towards classical lovers. As my production is pop, this works in my favour as pop is the most popular genre of music in today's society- where the top 40s playlist is dominantly if not only pop or form sub-genred pop songs/ music videos. 


Features of a music video: 
In my music video, the artist and surrounding character alongside the narrative, is a strong feature that i have been focusing on- however, if i used these features and they don't conform to the needs of my target audience, by production will not only have a box office equivalent fail. Therefore i asked in my questionnaire what aspects of the music video is most important to them, as the artist was the outstanding and top result i will focus more detail onto the artist to conform to  my target audience where it appeals and they are able to enjoy the production more. 

Style of music video: 
A large scale of my results, people said that they preferred music videos, that portray a happy and energetic emotion as while as second most popular answer of quiet and slow music videos- my music video and production will signify and connote both these aspects within a mixture, where my production will portray and connotes the happy and energetic atmosphere in a quiet and slow editing manner. As i am mixing both of the two main answers together i am (as a result widening my target audience). 

 Reasoning behind the choice: 
As my last and closing question, i ask why the people answering my questionnaire why they prefer that style of music video. This does two things, one being it breaks down a wall  from myself and the audience where i am able to get the feedback and responses of the target audience and also allows me to focus on the smaller details of that style in order to achieve success on my demographic. This is important and significant in my production as scientists have discovered that smaller details appeal more to an target audience where, they don't notice these 'psychological tricks', Steinbeck (1950). I have chosen to ask in a text box as it allows the freedom of speech for my demographic to answer fully, as multi-choice and tick boxes do not. 











No comments:

Post a Comment